In part 3 of 5 Lessons about your marriage kids learn by your example has to deal with respect.
In order for your children to learn about respect from you, respect has to be a part of your daily life, and must show up in all areas of your life. Your children will understand the importance of respect by adhering to these principles:
- You must have an outward plus an inward respect for people.
- You must show respect to your wife, plus your father and mother.
- You must show respect to the family pet(s).
- You must continue to show respect to your teen children, even though they may show disrespect to you.
- You must respect the differences of your children and show them that these differences are important to making the family function effectively
- You must respect the special gifts and talents of your children, try not cater, or favor one child’s strengths over the other and put them in the best positions to be successful.
The question for the day is “How has the issue of respect been a challenge when it comes to raising your children.”