I hope you had a stimulating conversation with your partner around 21 Questions you must ask before you tie the knot – Part 1. Today we will explore list the final 11 questions that will help gain clarity on the type of marriage/relationship you want to have with your partner.
Remember, there are no right or wrong answers here! The questions are designed to generate discussion to a stronger relationship. Write if you AGREE or DISAGREE with each statement.
11. If the phone rings, you should stop what you’re doing and answer it, even if you are eating dinner, talking with your partner, watching a movie together or cuddling.
12. If a close friend needs money, you open your wallet, no questions asked.
13. Casual flirting at parties is harmless.
14. You should feel free to discuss problems in your marriage with a close friend or family member whom you trust.
15. You enjoy receiving spontaneous invitations to go out with friends.
16. It’s okay if your partner invites a friend to your home without asking you.
17. It’s okay for you or your partner to have friends with the opposite sex.
18. You prefer vacationing with friends rather than as a couple.
19. You can’t bear to disappoint your mother.
20 If your parents lend you money to buy a home, they should have a say in your purchase.
21. Your spouse should always comes first, no matter what.
Now that you have completed both parts of the exercise, talk about one’s you agreed with and discuss why you gave your particular answer. This will strengthen unity prior to the big day. Then discuss the one’s where your answers were different. Decide which partner will go first and give them ample time to explain their answer without interruption.
The role of this exercise is to acknowledge the areas where you have agreements and disagreements, and get into the habit of talking about how you will live your daily lives given the information each of you provided.
When couples can embrace their differences, they can more easily face conflict without putting a wedge between their marriage.
Don’t let a few differences keep you from having the marriage you truly want. Coach Keith can help empower your marriage.
“Create your future from your future, not your past” – Werner Erhard