As married men we all feel that we should be having more sex. That is supposed to be part of the perks of being married. Your wife doesn’t have to worry about you not calling, or texting the next day. You won’t have that awkward feeling about how the sex was, or if there will be a next time. And ultimately the act of having sex according to Sheila M. Eldred is the serious health benefits.
So why after a few years of marriage has the frequency of sex slowed down? You might want to check your exercise regiment. I’m sure for most of us, when we met our spouse we were looking pretty good which lead to our wives excited to have more sex.
After years of inactivity, and constantly eating out, or home cooked meals, and just plain ole’ time, we have lost a little bit of that GQ look. Our lack of staying in shape might have directly or indirectly affected our sex lives as well.
In order to attempt to get it back, here are several exercises men can do to get started.
- Pushups. If have to start slow, this is the one exercise you should do. Start with the traditional hand-and-toe pushups. If those are too difficult switch to knee pushups on the floor or (essentially pushups done against the wall). Your goal should be to complete at least 3 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
- Abdominals . Weil, director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, says your abs are a critical sex-boosting body area to work on. “After all,” he says, “you have to use your abdominal muscles during sex.” Weil suggests starting your ab workout with good old-fashioned crunches. Do 3 to 5 sets of 15 to 20 repetitions.
- Deadlifts . This exercise will keep your back as strong as it can be, Weil says, and give your legs and torso a workout too. Deadlifts, in which you start in a neutral bent-over position and raise a weighted barbell or dumbbells from the ground, are easy to do — and easy to do wrong. So technique is important to prevent injury. Get some pro tips online or at your gym to be sure you’re getting the most out of doing deadlifts.
- Torso side bends and twists. You may have to head to the gym in order to get the most from this exercise. The effort is worth it because torso side bends and twists will keep your upper body strong, Weil says, and give you stamina. “Do them on the cable crossover machine for maximum effect.”
- Pushing or pulling exercise in the gym. Rows, flyes, and lateral raises on the cable crossover machine, or with dumbbells will do a great job of enhancing your performance in the bedroom, according to Weil. Remember to get a few quick tips from a pro on how to do these exercises most effectively.
If those don’t work for you – DO SOMETHING!
Walk, swim, or jog? How about Pilates or yoga? Maybe you prefer biking or skiing? Great, because Paul Frediani, fitness coach and co-author of Sex Flex: The Way to Enhanced Intimacy and Pleasure, says barring any health problems, cardiovascular exercise of any kind is a great way to stimulate your sex life.
People who exercise often have a better body image than people who don’t. This can help them feel more sexually appealing. “One study found that 80% of men and 60% of females who exercised two to three times a week felt their sexual desirability was above average,” Weil says.
If you can get your blood pumping regularly and the payoff is simple: endurance, more strength to hold positions, and the flexibility to hold them in comfort. Now that’s a great way to increase your sex life.
What exercises have you been doing that has provided a little lift in the bedroom?
10 thoughts on “5 simple exercises for men that will lead to better Sex!”
Reblogged this on Romantic Truth ® .
Jausan, thank you for reblogging my post. I hope you come back again.
What I wouldnt give to have a debate with you about this. You just say so many things that arrive from nowhere that Im fairly certain Id have a fair shot. Your blog is good visually, I mean people wont be bored. But others who can see past the videos and the layout wont be so impressed together with your generic understanding of this topic.
Let’s debate. The tips I cited came from highly successful therapists, so what are you going to add that enhances the article.
Battement Magnifique! Je voudrais apprenti pendant que vous modifiez votre site, comment puis-je m’abonner pour un site Web de votre blog? Le compte-moi un accord acceptable aidé. J’avais été tout petit peu connaissance de cette diffusion a offert votre idée claire et nette
Hello, nice work. Can you please cite a few sources of your information please?
There are citation throughout the whole article, but thanks for keeping me on my toes.
Coping with mid-life crisis takes time and energy, but it can help you find greater satisfaction and pleasure in life. The symptoms are not physically based: you can maintain an active sex life, keep your body in shape, and enjoy yourself as you mature. Below are some tips for middle-aged adults focusing on healthy lifestyles.
El problema es la cantidad de gente puede relacionarse. Puesto que soy “fuera de contacto” Todavía tengo que averiguar qué mensajes tendrán un montón de comentarios y cuáles no. De hecho, por lo general, cuando escribo lo que pienso que es un gran mensaje
Bonjour, I am from Morocco and i want to present my views on this article. Can i post in Francais please? Do you understand Francais/Fench. Merci