If you have been married long enough, you have been in a “sexless marriage” at some point in your life. If you are still at that point, acknowledge it and work with your partner to change.
Remember how you just had to look at each other. Soon your clothes would be flying off and you would be banging each so hard inaudible sounds were coming out of your mouth.
As a couple, decide what sort of foreplay, or flirtatious acts you need to do for the day in order to guarantee you will have sex this evening.
If you are struggling with getting back on the bike. Here are some tips that will spice up the evening as mentioned by the Dr. John Gottman, co-founder of the Gottman Institute and author of such books The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work; The Relationship Cure; Why Marriages Succeed or Fail.
1. Go to a movie this week, sit at the back of the movie theater, and make out as if you were teenagers again.
2. Surprise your partner this week at work with a bouquet of flowers and tell them how much you appreciate them.
3. Take time touching each other with the rule that there will be no intercourse, only pleasuring one another. See if you can resist your partner.
4. Make playful bets over the course of the day with your partner. The winners get exactly what they want from their partner.
5. Play a game of strip poker with your partner this tonight.
6. Watch a movie together tonight that has a passionate sex scene. Half way through the scene, pause the movie and make love.
7. Unplug all electronic devices for the evening and just talk to one another. Try to be a good listener. Remember, better friends make better lovers.
I would love to hear how this worked for you minus the intricate details.