Ok. tourney players..this is what you have been waiting for. Championship Week is over. You have celebrated by coming together as a team and it’s now time to find out what your seeding is in the tournament.
All of you may feel that you are a #1 seed based on how well you are doing on the job, by the fact you make time to go on an exotic vacation every year, or you are able to buy great birthday and christmas gifts. Honestly some of you are limping into this tournament not performing at your best. And if we don’t come together as a TEAM right now, we will not be in this tournament long. I want us to be there until the end. I am committed to getting you there, if you are committed to working hard every game to get there.
So as far as the seedings..here they are. Where are you in this tournament?
- 1-4 Seed: If you as a couple have a financial plan and you review it with your teammate regularly. You know exactly your net worth is, track your expenses, live within your means and you know what your needs for retirement are. You are the elite in this tournament, but you can be knocked off if you begin to take things for granted and the opponent lightly. As long as we stick with ourplan we will make it to the Finals.
- 5-8 Seed: As a team we have a great game plan, but are inconsistent in the execution of our plan. We need to review and refocus our efforts on our game plan.
- 9-12 Seed: We have the potential to win it all, but the ball hasn’t bounced our way. We have the tools to succeed, but we haven’t created our financial plan for sucess. Now is the time to put it all together. We can win this thing!
- 13-16 Seed: We have no plan and feel we can’t win. We are just feel grateful to be in this tournament. We are the underdog and an early exit is likely. NO WAY! I as your coach am not going to let that happen. If you have the will to win and you believe you can win, anything can happen. I believe in you. Let’s take one practice at a time. One game at a time.
The key to this tournament is to understand the seed we deserve and we know where we should be. By acknowledging the correct seed we can create the proper attack. If we don’t we will surely get bounced from the tournament early. Don’t worry there are a few things we can do to get ready for each game.
- Acknowldege that we have weaknesses as a couple when it comes to finances.
- Determine where those weaknesses are.
- Create a game plan on how we will attack our debt.
Again I say to you..as long as we stick together as a team. WE CAN WIN. Now on the count of three we are going to say “team.’
ONE! TWO! THREE! TEAM! Let’s go out and compete.